Basic Marathon Training Tips
Marathon training tips can go a long way in ensuring you train well for the marathon. Equally, getting casino tips and ratings from http://www.casinorating.ca can help in choosing the best casino.
This site is designed to allow information to be freely chared on the topic of back pain and other pains associated with back pain. If you have any questions on this topic, feel free to submit it to us to post on our site. If you see a question that you feel you can add an answer to, please send in a response with the form provided.
Here are some basic tips that can be applied to almost any type of training for a running event:
Marathon Training Tips
– Min. of 40 miles/week and 3 long runs of at least 75% of the time you plan to run or 20 miles (whichever is longer).
– The more miles you can run @ race pace per week the less likely you are to “crash”.
– Take at least one of your long runs on similar race terrain or surface.
– Don’t try anything new on race day
– Cotton socks cause blisters faster – use acrylic fiber socks and vaseline on any blister prone areas.
– Run at least 50 miles in race shoes.
– Bring layers for race day, especially “disposable” clothing. This means a second set of socks, gloves, and hats.
– Rest enough prior to the marathon. One method is to decrease training running miles 2-3 weeks prior to and an easy jog the day before race day.
– Get a message a few days prior.
– Stay well hydrated.
– Have confidence in your training.
– Recover immediately after: rehydrate and refuel.
– Change your clothes!
– Don’t pop your blisters until after you shower. (see article for popping process)
– Get black and blue toenails drained ASAP
– Keep moving around as much as possible in ensuing days.
– Alternate Hot and Cold soaks.
– Get a message.
– Take anti-inflammatories 1st post-marathon week.
– Use judgment when to run again (1 month prior is recommended)